1st and Foremost: Don’t procrastinate packing.
Procrastinating packing only adds more worry and stress to your move. Get at it, and get ‘er done!
Pack An Overnight Bag Containing All The Essentials
- You never know when there’ll be a mid-trip crisis! Or just a need to fix your make up.. Be prepared!
Pack The Items You Will Need To Use First In A Clear Box
- This will separate those items from the myriad of other boxes; pack things like forks, towels, toiletries, phone chargers, etc.. in this box.
Pack Room By Room
- Focus on one room at a time and don’t mix rooms in the same box. Wrap in bright paper the small knick-knack items that you don’t want to lose; this makes for easier finding later.
- Write a general description of room and items in box on the side of your boxes. BE SURE TO LABEL YOUR FRAGILES!
Don’t Box Up Everything!
- You should personally transport heirlooms, important papers, legal documents (wills, passport, etc..), and valuables. And know what you CAN’T pack. (Please visit the web link at the top of the page for a list)
Cover The Openings Of Your Toiletries With Saran Wrap, Then Put The Tops Back On
- There aren’t many things that could be worse than arriving at your new home, unpacking, then finding a mess of shampoos and colognes or perfumes all over your stuff… This tip will prevent that from happening.
Make Sure Everything Is Packed Before We Show Up To Help You Move
- We want to save you time and money. Have everything ready to go when we get there so that we can get you to your new home quickly.
Change Your Address At Least 2 Weeks Before Moving
- While this is a no-brainer for things like utilities and cable, don’t forget the small things like your PayPal account, Amazon account, credit cards, your bank, your magazine subscriptions, and your mail.